Update your details
NAB: Are You a CA1 Who has Worked Casual Hours?

Dual Contract Hours Now WILL Qualify For Backpay

We recently had a big win, securing a commitment from NAB that dual employment contracts would no longer be used. These arrangements were great for NAB but unfair for us because they removed overtime loadings and resulted in insecure working hours.

The good news is that union members will be getting backpay for all their unpaid overtime loadings in the weeks ahead.

If you’ve worked as a permanent and a casual NAB employee at the same time, you can register for back pay at nabmembers@fsunion.org.au or call the Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378.

Please note, working as a casual while on parental leave does not count.

Casual Hours CAN Count Towards Your Retrenchment Payments

If you are a CA1 employee who has worked permanent and casual hours at the same time your retrenchment calculations may be incorrect. Contact the Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378 for further instructions and assistance.

How Can I Tell if I’ve Worked Casual Hours and Permanent Hours

If you are considering retrenchment you should by now have your service periods record from PAC. Casual periods of service should be clearly identifiable on that record. Refer to the sample below for more information.
If you do not have your service periods record and are considering retrenchment you should contact PAC for a copy of your service record. PAC can be reached at People.Advisory.Centre@nab.com.au.

Not a member?

Membership gives our community the power to change the things that matter. Join FSU today.

Please share this update with your colleagues.

Authorised By: Julia Angrisano, National Secretary
Latest FSU publications
Latest media releases
Your rights under the Fair Work Act

Have your say now!
Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share